Monday 18 April 2011

Online Lesson (Term 2, Week 5): A personal response to War




Story behind the picture:


A few moments ago, we were ambushed, and my commander was hurt. "Quick," I cried, "bring him to safety, let us run for our lives." I looked up and saw a bullet skim pass my face. Behind us, a solid wooden kind of barricade stood. When we were safely behind the line of fire, I could finally look at my commander's wound 


Task 1:


Select one of the photos / images and write a descriptive paragraph on it. Engage your 5 senses -- this means you should describe not only what is seen, but what is heard, smelt, tasted and felt. Use literary devices (sound, imagery, diction) to bring the scene to life.


The powerful legs that carried him through battle lay stretched before him, his shrieks of pain filled my ears. I looked at him, sorrow and grief engulfing me. Although we survived, a bullet had ripped through his spinal cord, leaving him paralyzed from the waist down. In the distance, bullets cracked, and impending doom was certain to us. The stench of rotting flesh and dried blood soon overwhelmed us. The world was at its end. The seas had dried, the sun has faded, and the night was approaching. We had no medical treatment nor equipment, we had no way of getting out of this predicament.

No comments:

Post a Comment